New DAN WESSON 1911 SPECIALIST – 5″ FULL-SIZE – 9MM – STAINLESS
DAN WESSON 1911 SPECIALIST 5″ FULL-SIZE – 9MM – STAINLESS
When police departments approached us to build them a more reliable, durable 1911 to replace the ones they had been carrying, we developed a model just for them. The additions that made it ideal for law enforcement also make it perfect for home defense, so we gladly offer it for sale to the public.
A full-size 1911, this Specialist is chambered in 9mm and loaded with features to satisfy a public servant’s special requirements. The forged stainless steel slide wears our inverted top rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with white target ring in front.
The frame sports an integral 1913 Picatinny, 25 LPI front strap checkering, undercut trigger guard and recessed slide stop to enable the installation of laser grips. Equipped with an ambidextrous thumb safety, extended magazine release and detachable magwell, this Specialist is operator-friendly. It is finished off with a set of G10 VZ Operator II grips that force the hand into the beavertail and hold it there.
This Specialist ships with two 10-round magazines with bump pads and is finished in a matte stainless finish which makes for an especially hardy pistol that scoffs at everyday wear and tear. The forged stainless steel slide wears our popular Clark-style serrated rib with a single amber tritium dot in the rear sight and a green lamp with white target ring in front.
• Fixed Night Sight – A Novak-style snag-free sight with tritium self-illuminated vials.
• Tactical Rear Sight – With an abrupt front face, our tactical rear sight allows for one-handed racking of the slide and has a single tritium vial dead-center below the sight’s notch.
• Front Serrations – Forward cocking serrations give solid purchase for press-checks.
• Inverted Rib – To cut down on glare a top rib is cut into the slide.
• Ball End Mill Cut – This cut accentuates the carry cut and slightly modifies the appearance.
• Tactical Hammer – The skeletonized hammer helps to reduce weight and maintains the clean look of the pistol.
• Long Solid Trigger – A long solid trigger was used to give a traditional look and incorporate a serrated face.
• Ambi Safety/Grip Safety – An ambidextrous safety allows for an easy to access to the safety for both left-handed and right-hand shooters.
• Rail – Equipped with a 1913 Picatinny rail so adding a light or laser is a simple operation.
• Mainspring Housing Checkering – Our 25 LPI checkering on the flat mainspring housing provides the means for a superb grip.
• Magwell – Reloads are made easy and lightening quick as our magwell helps to funnel a fresh mag into the gun